Welcome to 'How to Apply'
Applications for 2017/2018 school places are now closed. However, please note applications are kept on file should any further funding become available.
This page contains everything you need to know about making an application for a grant for an assisted boarding school place.
The closing date for applications for children to start boarding school in September 2017 was Friday 13th January 2017. We fully expect all of our available funding to be exhausted on this first round of applications. However, we will still accept applications until Friday 28th April 2017. These late applications will only be considered in the event of additional funds becoming available.
In order to ensure we can provide ongoing quality support to children and families, we are, for the foreseeable future only able to consider cases where children live within a 60 mile radius of our office here in Purley, Surrey. If you live outside the area please telephone the office on 0208 660 1461 to discuss your case prior to completing any of our forms.
1. Please make sure you read the criteria for a grant award application and consider carefully whether you may be eligible/ your circumstances meet these. If you are not sure whether your circumstances meet our criteria please give us a call and we will help Tel: 020 8660 1461.
2. Download and complete our Application Form - Part 1, Application Form - Part 2,and Applicant Monitoring Form.
3. Attach the following information:
4. Email or post your application form and supporting documentation to us:
Reedham Children's Trust
23 Old Lodge Lane,
Purley, Surrey CR8 4DJ
The Assessment Process
5. Your application will be reviewed by our Children's Assessment Officer who will liaise with relevant professionals to gather any further information in support of your case.
6. The Children's Assessment Officer will arrange and undertake a home visit with the main carer and/or a telephone interview.
7. The Children's assessment Officer will make an assessment of the child's suitability for boarding school through a face to face meeting with the child and/or with a professional who knows the child well.
8. A decision will be made on whether to award a grant and this will be communicated to you by phone and email or in writing.